Saturday 15 September 2012

Pitch Feedback.

This is the feedback I got after showing my pitch to my class. I did this to see if the pupils in my class after watching my Animoto video could answer the question below, showing if I had made a successful pitch or an unsuccessful pitch.
(11 people answered)

What is the genre of the music video? 1. Indie rock, 2. Indie rock, 3. Indie rock 4. Indie rock, 5. Indie rock, 6. Indie rock, 7. Indie rock, 8. Indie rock, 9. Indie rock, 10. Indie rock, 11. Indie rock

What style of video is it? 1. performance/narrative/amplified, 2. performance/narrative, 3. performance/narrative, 4. performance/narrative, 5. narrative/performance, 6. performance/narrative/modern, 7. performance/narrative, 8. performance along with narrative, 9. performance/narrative, 10. narrative, 11. performance/narrative 

Who is the target audience? 1. male/16 - late 20's, 2. young trendy primarily guys, 3. young adults/teens, 4. male teens, 5. 16-25 male, 6. male 17-25, 7. male teens/ adults, 8. young men, 9. teens/young adults, 10. 16-25 festival type, 11. teens/young adults

Describe the video they are making. 1. monochrome/performance/casual wear, 2. narrative/innovative/original, 3.modern video/band/narrative, 4. quick cuts, 5.fast cut/parallel between performance and narrative, 6. up beat, based around the performance, 7. modern/monochrome, 8. based on performance with narrative, 9. performance based with a narrative, 10. modern, narrative, stylish, 11. Modern monochrome

What problems can you foresee? 1. location 2. making narrative clear, 3. suitable artist, 4. location/band, 5. environment of narrative, 6. making a convincing band, 7. props, 8. location, 9. making it work with a narrative, 10. Instruments, 11. finding the band

What I would say if I were asked the questions to compare:

What is the genre of the music video? Indie rock.

What style of video is it? Performance with a narrative.

Who is the target audience? dominantly male 16 - 25

Describe the video they are making. fast cuts/band performance/strong relevant narrative/amplification

What problems can you foresee? location

I feel this shows that my pitch was successful and portrayed the correct image to the class. The problem of the location for my music video will soon be resolved once a final narrative has been chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment