Sunday 16 September 2012

Intresting Video.

A music video I spotted whilst on YouTube. This video caught my intresest because of its disjuncture and narrative. I already knew the song and had heard it before but had never seen the video so I had an idea of what i thought the lyrics meant and then could evaluate how the video changed my views. I think this was interesting and made me this about my music video from a different point of view.



The video obviously uses a lot of narrative and acting. I think this looks good and makes the video interesting however for my genre and band I don't think this type of video would work.
First of all the audience as I have found out want to see the band members and the instruments close up.
Secondly the narrative would be very hard to re create without professional actors and a large budget. Also I think for this type of music video the narrative has to be perfect or the video just doesn't work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment