Wednesday 10 October 2012

First album cover drafts.

This first album cover I made I wanted to be the most simplistic and simplistic. I chose to use no colour and just the 'drawing' look font for the album text. I wanted to see what this sort of design would look like and if I think it would be suitable for the door jammers. I liked this design but thing it would stand out enough on the shelf which would be important for a new band.


 
For my second draft front cover design I choice to try a full colour pallete look, starting with red and ending again with red at the end. I added a box bellow the text at first by mistake but though it worked well and gave the album cover a more intresting look. I think this cover would stand out on the shelves however I do not feel it relates to the door jammers style.

For this album cover design I chose to use a different font which I felt worked well. I didnt want to create another plain album cover so I added a background behind the text to make it more intresting. I like the look of this cover but still think it could be inproved to stand out furthure on the shelve again its competition.

This album cover draft design I a lot different from the others and idea I wanted to try. I dont think this design worked and would not fit in with the door jammers style. I also don't like the backround being grey.
This album cover I think works well. I think the colour design within the letters looks good and could work as an album cover for the door jammers. I also think it would attract my target audience and stay out on the shelves as a minimalist yet intresting design.

This final front cover draft design I chose to just change the position into the bottom left hand corner of the page which I beleive looks a lot better. The only problem I can see with this design is being on the shelf with out cd's the name might be hiden being at the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Harry, this post needs some explanation as to what you have done and why.

    You also need some posts outlining when you are planning to film and the preparations you are making.

    ReplyDelete