Sunday 11 November 2012

Review.

A small review on how I think the day of filming went:

I think overall the day of filming the door jammers music video went well and was efficient in creating the perfect clips I need to create the video. I time I had was spend we in getting the shot I wanted filmed and I think the band and myself worked efficiently to get it all done in one day. Setting the location and mise en scene up did not take long and the whole band helped meaning it took no time at all.

Throughout the filming the band were co operative in listening and doing so I was able to get the exact shots I set out to get. They were enthusiastic which made the filming realist and more effective. Also having all of the equipment already there made it a lot easier not having to transport all the equipment.

The PA system worked well and allowed the band to keep in time with the song, which meant it was easy to sync the vocals and instruments with the song during editing. I also tried to film in chronological order going along with the song which also made editing easier as I was able to identify and find each clip.

I used a Nikon D3100 to film the music video. This ensured a HD quality for the music video which I felt was important to make it look professional and gave the door jammers a good image. I also use a Samyang fish eye lens to get a wide angle on some of the shots. I am happy with the end quality of the clips and think it improves the overall look of the filming a lot.
I also was able to use a tripod allowing me to get steady camera angles as well as panning and scattered movements.

Using my animatic during filming also help a lot as it told me exactly the shots I aimed to get for the best ending result. On the day I was able to change some of the shots to accompany the location. 


No comments:

Post a Comment